·Chinese(gb) ·English ·ฉบับภาษาไทย ·Tiếng Việt
WAPWeb Accessibility RSS
Home About Liuzhou Government Liuzhou News Live in Liuzhou Travel in Liuzhou Invest in Liuzhou Interact
Current Location:  Home > Government > Policy Interpretation
How to apply for work permit in China for citizens of other countries?

According to Document 29, Employment Ministry Procedures (1996), foreigners who would like to work in China must apply for relevant permission. Before working in China, one must obtain a Work Permit at the employment authority before applying for Working Visa at local diplomatic commissions and then obtaining the Employment Permission and Residential Permission after arriving in China. You can apply for relevant permissions according to the following procedures:

Any employer in Liuzhou that would like to employ someone from other country must obtain a Foreign Employee Work Permit of the People’s Republic of China before employment commences. Here are the procedures:

    1Submit the following documents for approval

   1ID of the potential employee (passport and travel document)

   2Employment contract

   3Reasons for employing the person

   4Qualifications of the potential employee

   5Health check of the potential employee;

   6Copy of the employer’s license.

   2After initial approval, the employer can obtain an Application for Employing Foreign Employee (three copies) and return the application after sealed.  

   3 When receiving notice of approval, the employer should obtain the formal Notice and Permit from the department, and complete the Foreign Employees Registration.

   4 The potential employee must apply for a Working Visa at local Chinese diplomatic commission with the Notice and Permit and passport or other valid ID.

   5Within 15 days of the employee’s arrival in China, the employer must apply for an Employment Permission at local Employment and Social Security department with an employment contract, Foreign Employee Registration, valid passport or other ID, 3 recent passport photos and an administration fee of RMB520. 

   6 The foreign employee must apply for a Residential Permission at Liuzhou Police Station upon receipt of the Employment Permission within 30 days of entering the country.

   7 The foreign employee must apply for an extension visa should he/she plans to extend the employment contract.

   Print   To Top    Close  

Related Articles

Home  │ About Liuzhou  │ Site Map  │ Service and Privacy │ FAQ │ Download Forms   │ Contact Us
Copyright (C) 2006 The People's Government of Liuzhou Municipality,All Rights Reserved
Sponsored by Liuzhou Informational Leading Group Office (The Bureau Of The Information Industry Of Liuzhou)
Prepared by Liuzhou Network Management Centre Address:No. 66, Sanzhong Road, Liuzhou, China
ICP Certificate No.05009280